International Student

arrow international student head

Arrow > All Programs > International Student


Learn more...ArrowHome Toddler Infant Daycare
Infant Toddler
Learn more...ArrowHome programs montessori preschool-kindergarten
Learn more...ArrowHome programs montessori elementary school
Learn more...ArrowHome programs montessori middle school
Middle School
Learn more...ArrowHome programs swimming lessons
Learn more...ArrowHome programs summer school 2014

International Student Program

  • Information
  • Enrollment Application
  • Guardian Authorization Form

Student Exchange Visa Program (SEVP) & 1-20

Frequently Asked Questions

How can I enroll my child in your school?
Acquire an application packet and submit required documents along with a non-refundable $250 Initial International Processing Fee and $100 deposit. There is no application deadline, but you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. You will receive the school's decision within 1 week and an I-20 will be issued for your child if he/she has been accepted.

What other documents will I need to submit?
Copy of birth certificate, copy of passport, proof of immunization, evidence of financial support, and recent school transcripts. The following documents are also required, but will be contained in your application packet: Notarized guardianship letter, authorization form, emergency form, disaster form, physician's report, refund/withdrawal policy, enrollment agreement, website authorization form, optional service form, and 10 hour punch card notice. (All documents must be translated in English).

What if my child doesn't know much English?
Your child will take part in an ESL program as part of his/her school curriculum. This will enable him/her to increase his/her English language ability, while continuing to progress in other subjects as well.

What is an I-20 and what do we do with it?
An I-20 is a 3-page document that only certain authorized schools can issue to qualifying students, and is the “application” needed to apply for an F-1 student visa. The legal guardian or the family contact is responsible for mailing the I-20 to the family via a postal service where a tracking number will be issued (i.e. Fed Ex, DHL). The parents of the student are to contact their local American Embassy (in the student's country of citizenship) and make an appointment to apply for the F-1 student visa (this can be done several months prior to starting school).

What do we do after obtaining the F-1?
1) Submit a copy of the F-1 to the school's Designated School Official (DSO) (scan and email or fax). 2) Make travel arrangements. Students are allowed to enter the U.S. no more than 30 days prior to the start of school. 3) Must make contact with DSO within 72 hours of arrival to make appointment and submit remaining fee balance and documents. Once the student starts school, his/her I-20 will be registered in the government's database (SEVIS).

What if my child already has an I-20 and F-1 and already attends school in the U.S.?
Your child will be considered a “transfer” student. The enrollment process and fees are the same. Our school's DSO will take care of the I-20 and we will issue an updated copy once your child arrives at our campus.

Who do I contact if I have additional questions regarding the Student and Exchange Visa Program (SEVP)?
You may contact our school and speak to the Designated School Official (DSO) or contact your local U.S. Embassy. You may also check the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) website at

Student POE Fact Sheet:

International student guardianship form